Sunday, April 20, 2008

School Days

JJ started school last week. We had a few rough mornings (ok, they were all rough). Jerret took him on the very first day and JJ was not getting it. He cried and ran to the door and wanted out. I called the school at 1:00 when the kids were supposed to be napping (12:00 to 3:00 is naptime) and the teacher said he was playing quietly on his cot. When Jerret went to pick him up at the end of the day they were all playing outside and JJ didn't want to go home! We thought we would both try and drop him off the next day and again, he cried. Jerret snuck out the door while I stayed for 1/2 hour and played with the kids. Well - I played with everyone else's kids and JJ sat on my lap with his arms around my neck, crying "Mama!" The 3rd day I was determined to make it fast and as soon as we walked in the room JJ started crying again. He kept saying "Shoes, Mama, Shoes!" and pointed at my feet. (He thought that if I would take my shoes off I would stay).

On Thursday and Friday he went back to Aunt Bea's house and it was so nice just to be able to drop him off and walk away. It was also comforting to know that he would take a nap and eat lunch, as he only slept 30 minutes for each day at the school and only ate "some" lunch. I would love to be able to show you pictures of his first day of school, but we being the awesome parents we are, forgot to take them! So here are a few pictures from his first days "after" school.

3 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

It sounds like he is having fun, but is just having a hard time with the morning transition. Hope this week will go even better. AP loves hanging out with her friends, even though I'd rather just be hanging out with her at home.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

jodi said...

but doesn't it feel good to be needed, even if he is screaming his little head off.