My first day (4 hours) as a single parent went something like this...
- Picked JJ up from Aunt Bea's house
- Fed him green beans as I was microwaving chicken strips I got from the Schwan's man
- Put the chicken in for 4 minutes as the package said
- Spilled 1/2 a gallon of milk while getting JJ a cup
- Noticed smoke and a burning smell coming from the microwave and realized God was punishing me for feeding my baby microwaved chicken strips for dinner
- Threw burnt chicken strips into garbage where they proceeded to burn a hole through the bottom of the bag, making a nice exit point for the milk-soaked paper towels I JUST threw in there
- Let JJ go play while I made him an omelet instead
- Found him minutes later shoving the plunger in and out of the toilet (no doubt a trick learned from his father)
- Kicked JJ out of the bathroom and cleaned up the toilet water mess
- Only to find him seconds later in bathroom #2, squirting a bottle of my lotion into the bowl
- Held JJ for an hour while he cried, realizing that his daddy wasn't here :(
Jerret dropped JJ off with Bea this morning and said it was hard. I could tell he was sad, and JJ is such a daddy's boy that he probably won't take things well. It wasn't an easy evening, but I was happy just being with my baby. And I still say I would be totally cool with being an at-home mom. I'm not saying it's easy, I'm just saying I'd be cool with it!