Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday JJ!






It seems like just yesterday that we brought him home, and now our little guy has turned 2! We celebrated with a party over at grandma and grandpa's house. (Thanks to all of our friends and family that came over to hang with us!)

Along with turning 2, JJ also hit another milestone this weekend - his first trip to the ER! The night before his big day he was playing in the living room and fell, hitting his eye on the corner of the coffee table. The table hit the inside corner of his eye and immediately turned purple and swollen, with a cut on the lower lash line. The fact that it turned purple so fast is what scared me most, so off to the ER we went. I was nearly in tears and could barely look at the poor kid (reason #2 I could never be a doctor). Jerret was able to remain calm and handled the situation well. He says that I panic too much and I need to step back from situations like that. He's right. I don't know what I would have done if I had been home alone! You can' t really see his eye in any of the pictures, but I assure you, it was not looking good!

3 comments:

SCmartins said...

JJ is getting to be a young man!! He is growing so fast and... I can see the mischief coming right out of those adorable eyes!!!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the ER club ;) We went in with a similar injury with Xander last year.

JJ sure is getting big! Happy Birthday!

Gen 's Family Story said...

John said he was going to bring home dermabond and sutures for our time...
Happy Birthday to JJ, he is just soooo cute!!