- The first job I was offered after college was as a newspaper reporter. Writing is one of the few things I do well enough at to actually make money at - but then I found out how much newspaper reporters are paid. I couldn't afford to take the job and pay back my student loan!
- I was once (actually twice) on the Ricki Lake show. This factoid actually doubles as my "most embarrassing moment." Hey - I was 18, what can I say?
- I have always wanted to be famous.
- I need to learn to think more before I speak. Sometimes, I can say the nicest thing in the world with no ill-intent at all, and my words are taken completely the wrong way. Maybe that's why I like to write - I have more time to read and re-read my thoughts before they are viewed by others.
- My husband and I actually first met in Jr. High (even though we didn't attend the same schools) and I was in LOVE with that boy.
- If I could have any job in the world it would be to sit at home and write for a parenting blog or to write books. I actually feel pretty lucky that I get paid to write now, even though it is something as dry as a federal proposal.
- I worked two jobs and completed my internship my senior year of college, and still managed to find time for fun!
- As a freshman in high school, I tried to break my arm on purpose in order to avoid going out with a boy. (How crazy is that??)
I tag: Esther, Amanda, and Mala.