Wednesday, January 24, 2007

So Close...

I received a call from our Agency yesterday and our documents have been translated and are now at the embassy in Washington DC. We are waiting for a court date, and praying that all goes smoothly. We are not required to attend the court hearing itself, and once it is complete, there is a 30-day waiting period before the adoption decree actually goes into effect. Right after that we will travel and pick up our little JJ!

There are about 6 families from our agency that are going over in the next couple of weeks to meet their children and bring them home. One family is adopting a little girl from the same orphanage as JJ and she has graciously offered to take him whatever I would like to send. I have been sleeping with a blanket of his (we read this is a good thing to do so he can sense us - through smell I guess - sounds weird, but it makes sense). Anyway, I will send her the blanket and she promised to deliver it along with many hugs and kisses!

Thanks to my wonderful friends for the awesome gifts. It's so nice that everyone is excited to join us on this journey!

No comments: