Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I'm Behind!

I feel as though I haven't posted in ages, so I will do my best to catch everyone up. We had a great Halloween. JJ wasn't too cool about riding in the wagon with my friend's son, and he fussed until I took him out. I definitely wasn't going to carry him the entire time, so I got out the stroller and pushed him in that. It was a chore getting him in and out at each house, so I was selective and only took him up to the houses where we knew people. We actually had a great time while trick-or-treating. Some friends of ours came over with their three kids (they don't live in a "neighborhood") and my friend and I took them all around while the guys stayed behind and scared little kids. Oh yeah - I think they passed out a few pieces of candy in the process. Here is a picture of one of the neighbor kids, who also dressed as a monkey. I thought he looked a lot like JJ in the face.
Eight o'clock came pretty quick and our neighbors came over and hung out for a while with Jerret. Inside the house was utter chaos as there were 10 kids running loose! Trust me, 10 kids in a 1600-sf house is not too cool! Thank heavens for the basement!!
Our neighbor brought JJ over a tricycle that was once his son Hayden's. Hayden is 2 1/2 now and I guess he is too big for this bike. JJ LOVES it! He can't yet figure out the pedals, but he loves to pretend.

The next picture is cute because it is what has now become our morning routine. JJ recently started waking up about 1/2 an hour earlier than he used to; so now he must wait for me to finish getting ready before we have our time together. He loves to chill out in Daddy's spot on our bed and watch JoJo's Circus while having his morning bottle. He can drink out of a sippie just fine and even drinks from a regular cup, but he still enjoy's a bottle in the morning and one at bedtime. Aunt Cyndi and Aunt Bea want me to throw the bottles out, but nah - they're not hurting anything, right?

Finally, we have a picture of JJ getting his hair cut. This is actually his second haircut, as I was not able to get any pictures the first time. (I took him myself - Jerret told me to, I swear - and it was just too hard to do all that. Plus, the lady at the shop was not very helpful). The second haircut went much better than the first. Jerret did have to hold him the entire time, but JJ did great. He fussed a little bit at first, but then the girl pulled out a dum-dum sucker, and it was all over. JJ was in heaven and didn't even care what she was doing to his hair.

Besides that, we're gearing up for the holiday's and for Jerret to go back to China. It's going to be a long 6 weeks without him!


SCmartins said...

JJ is really getting to be a big boy! He is such a fine looking young man :) I hope we'll still recognize him at Christmas time! I saw this awesome little John Deere bike and thought of you all - I told Mark that someday JJ will have a bike like that!!! Have a good weekend.

Michelle said...

My daughter loved her bottles and it took 2 year old peer pressure at school to make her willing to give them up. So far she is not a serial killer so there you go.....hurting noone!