Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm Behind!

For some reason I haven't been able to log into blogger lately so I am severely behind in my updates. JJ is doing well and is now saying "wow wow wow" and "ball" about 50 times a day. No walking for us yet, but it is getting very close - yeah, we are totally jealous of AP! A few of the Kyrgyz adoptive families got together for an impromptu reunion down in SC last week and we were totally bummed that we weren't there. Plus, we missed the big CWA reunion that was held at Myrtle Beach last month. We really want JJ to see him Kyrgyz "cousins" so hopefully we'll make it down for a reunion soon.
We've been having some troubles getting JJ to sleep lately. He fights it and fights us every night and Jerret is in the room next door as we speak, trying to get that boy to lay down. He just wants to play, play, play and flashes that 1000-watt smile and we just have a hard time telling him no.

Last weekend we went out to dinner for my brother's birthday and had terrible service. We waited about 45 minutes for our food and JJ was just getting antsy, as any kid would. We fed him some of my cottage cheese and crackers and he was as happy as can be. I think that he'll be feeding himself with a spoon any day now.

3 weeks until my big birthday. Yes, I will be turning 30 and am just cringing at the thought. I don't know why but I can't stand the fact that I will be 30 already! I took the day off work in lieu of a total mental breakdown, which I wouldn't want anyone at work to witness.

Here are some updated pics of JJ.









4 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

I hit the big 3-0 this year as well, actually while we were in Almaty. I think since I was out of the country that it really didn't happen:) But, what better presents than our little Kyrg kiddos! We are heading to Ohio next week, how far north are you? We will be in Sharonville, just north of Cinci.

MiddleClass Mama said...

A-

Unfortunately we are WAY North, about 10 minutes from the Michigan line, but we could meet you! E-mail me and let me know when you will be in town. We'd love to see AP & C!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori! You've got to find a reason to head down this way :) It'd be great to see JJ and of course you too :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Shea, we would love to see you all! It was great to see some of the other children. Believe me 3-0 isn't that big of a deal :) Wait till you hit 4-0 - now that was an experience!!! I guess you can slow life down, can you?? Aliya is walking all over the place and thinks she just pretty large! Have a good weekend!